Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Infinite Potential

Children are capable from birth of dealing with large tasks and taking responsibility. It is the parents that are not used to allowing this. When a child is born it is pure potential and just because it cant feed it self doesn't mean it doesn't know what it wants or that it inst already taking on huge tasks. In fact being born is quite a task.
When you think you are in charge of a children decisions I highly recommend re considering that.
It is precisely this concept that separates me from most schooled children and many home schooled children. I always decided what was important and how I chose to go about doing that. I decided when to go to bed and when to get up, I decided when to brush my teeth and when not to. I decided if I wanted to spend the night at a friends and for how long it would be, I decided when I wanted to go to school or collage and what age I wanted to. I decided when I wanted to try alcohol, I decided when I wanted to try smoking, I decided when I wanted to have sex. I was constantly shouldering responsibility and making choices. This is why when I go over to a friends house the parents always tell my parents "your child is so helpful, or your child is so easy to have over" I was on month long vacations away from home by age 11. I was interested in cigarettes when I was 10. Me and my brother/sister would find old cigarette buts and pretend to smoke them. My mom decided that she would rather buy us a pack than have us picking up random smoked butts. I have not only not been addicted to cigarettes but have not been addicted to anything...besides air, food, and water.
It starts NOW and we are Capable NOW!
Blessings

No comments: