Thursday, April 30, 2009

Garden!

AHHHHHHHHHHH
I now have over 30 varieties of food growing in my garden! Figs, Blackberries, Blueberries, Tomatoes, 5 kinds of peppers, 4 kinds of carrots, 6 kinds of squash, 3 kinds of pumpkins, 7 kinds of melons, kale, chard, beets, peas, beans, oregano, rosemary, parsley, cilantro and whatever I am not remembering!
I am so thrilled with the fact I have done it all with all free recycled and re used substances. All compost material is collected from various resources around the area all bins made from scrap all raised beds from harvested materials. Just had to pay for seeds and its like $2 for a pack of seeds! Good investment ;-). This was all done in a year on a plot of land that had not been used for growing before. I find its really helpful to have a vision and idea of what is to be done. To get the steps organized and understood. Then to find an efficient way of going about it. I read books and that's just about all the resources I needed. Its much easier to understand the process and have an idea before going about it. One can even grow hydroponic gardens indoors haha!
I find it very fulfilling and quite worth the effort when done right. I am going to be having gardening parties here on weekends coming up so that we can see feel and touch the process. I'm thinking from noon to 5 or so on Saturday or Sunday. We can play and talk gardening and share in the process. I will post when decided and email me if your interested in it.
I recommend getting some books at the library or trying some of these e books I will list. E books are cool cause no paper is involved and they are cheaper to buy because there is much less cost involved. If you like one of these e books that I list buy it through the link I provide cause I will get a commission for the recommendation =D> I'm working on a book of my own on easy, efficient, recycled, organic gardening! Not ready yet though and info is important now so here are some others.
This e book is pretty cheap and has a money back guarantee. That way if its not helpful its OK to refund. I feel really good about that kind of deal.
Organic Gardening Magic!
This one also have a money back Guarantee,... Organic Garden Manual
This one is quite detailed with lots of info.
Organic Gardening E Book

No comments: