Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Family

Me and my brother were best friends growing up. Technically he was 6 years younger than me but he was always the same age to me. We did everything together and we were treated equally. We showered together, slept together and played the rest of the day. It is un-comprehend- able to me to imagine a better friend or one I was able to get along with and enjoy more. If he were the only friend I ever had growing up I would still feel fulfilled and be thankful. No matter what anyone else thought of me I would be OK because I had my family who loved, accepted and supported me for what was important to me. Many realities come into life and its all part of it. For me family is important and even when we didn't get along or even when it wasn't enjoyable it is still extremely effecting. Like or dislike your family its effecting and shaping of who we are. That is why having a family that frees and supports each other is so beneficial to the rest of life.

Its so easy to place our preferences and points of view on others especially when they are in our family. To remember that we are all different and it is through our unique perspective and skill set that we tape into our genius. That when one is happy everything is right and when one is unhappy everything is wrong. This is why its so silly to base importance on "appearance" "status" "money" "education" or anything else that is not derived from an inner inspiration and fulfillment.

We are of course free to be and choose anything. Its all OK and we all are where we are.

Blessings on the journey


http://www.isnessis.com

No comments: