Thursday, May 7, 2009

Free Powerful Capability

It is indeed most wonderful to have support for something that is very unknown and brings up fear and doubt because of it.
It is also wonderful to have examples of what is possible as this is how we evolve.
Before I was born my mother had a degree and a job that she planned on going back to. She was already on the path of much freedom as she already had a home birth arranged, no immunizations, breast feeding and such. When I was born she realized that I was pure potential that it was her and her world that had fear, doubt, limit, ingrained in almost every aspect of life. In these moments she chose to learn and realize from her child rather than impose her reality on the child. She then began the life of a student rather than a teacher.
She then had the opportunity to re-realize life. So when I was 5 and she would come out side and I would be 40ft up in a tree, she would feel her fear of what may happen to me her doubt of what I was capable of......then she would breath, realize she was of no benefit to me in such a state as shouting "be careful!" or "dont fall" or "get down" were of no benefit. She would turn around and go inside to contemplate and be with fear. These were her opportunities to be faced with her fear and doubt in my perfect ability to climb and take care of my self. For capability is natural and when one is allowed to develop ones skills one develops them based on what is important to one, and when one focuses on what is important then one excels very quickly and capably. As she would realize this it would prepare her for something else. When I was 7 we went to the grand canyon. We all got out of the car and I ran off to explore. She would come upon me in a tree over hanging the canyon hundreds of feet below. Her heart would drop into her stomach as her fear of heights came into play. She would check her feelings find a place of peace and come to me and say "Quinn come over with us there is some really cool stuff to see" I would then climb down and go see. This would then prepare her for when my brother was 14 and still not reading. My aunts and such had offered him money to learn. My family had tried many times to interest him in reading. There would of course be no rule or requirement that he should have to and we would most defiantly not try and make him feel bad about not knowing. Fear and doubt are quite present in this yet my mother knows that we all in freedom focus on what is important and if it is not important than it doesn't matter. She would know that he is indeed capable and when it is time he will learn. He did learn and it was only because of a video game. There was a game he quite liked and one must know how to read to progress in this game. He would sit there copying down all the letters of a message box (taking a half hour or so as he did not know how to spell, read or write) he would then show my mom so she could read it for him. He would then go and play again and copy more boxes. He very quickly realized that if he wanted to play this game he would need to learn to read and that maybe reading is a useful skill. This is how true learning works. When there is beneficial reason, motivation, importance it happens. He knew how to read in a very short time 2 months maybe. The first books he read were Lord Of The Rings which are the most complicated books that I have ever read.
Our only limitation is fear and doubt not limit it self. Although in my essence I am pure potential I have been touched with fear and doubt over time. I know what it is and how it works. We can all start unschooling our lives now, it is just a blessing to allow a child to come into an environment where intention is for it to be free to choose and engage when and what is important.

Infinite Blessings
Present
Here Now
<3

http://www.isnessis.com

No comments: