Friday, May 15, 2009

learning

Greetings All.
I have been unschooled since I was born. It is quite normal and obvious to pay attention to what is important and focus on what I enjoy.
In the last year I have integrated many skills and abilities without any school, teacher or system. Plus it was all done because I WANTED to so it was just me playing and becoming more and more capable every day I played.
One of my recent integrations is beekeeping. 2 months ago I decided I wanted to keep bees ( I am nurturing a fully sustainable property) 2 weeks ago I got my first bee hives and am now a beekeeper. As I have been keeping bees I observed a most wonderful display of life so we may all upgrade because of it. Beekeeping is like parenting. Provide what they need (bee hive, food supply freedom) they do the rest. The bees know how to get food they know how to sleep, they know how to protect them self's from ants (they have guards who blow them away from the entry way with the wind power of beating wings). They know how to keep cool in the summer (beat their wings over water supply, thus creating an effect like a swamp cooler where the movement of the air passes over the water creating a chilling effect) they are quite capable and really the only thing I needed to learn about bees is when to harvest there honey, when to provide them more space, when to protect them from elements and stuff that mostly applied to my desire from having them. I have much appreciation for every beings ability to figure out whats important.
When children are born they are pure potential. Capable of anything and alive with the experience of life. There are many things that may not be of importance to a free being ( in a bees case that would include watching movies, playing video games, or baseball, in a child's case that may be gathering nectar, mating to die, studying math, science and history. The interesting thing about a human child versus a bee is that a child may be interested in something at one point and become interested in something else later.
With freedom to choose and responsibility for ones actions one develops the ability to do whats important and to know how to link that with sustaining ones life needs. One can make money writing, drawing, managing, inventing, running, climbing, swimming, lifting, computing, weighing or at anything that is worth doing. One can provide all ones needs form ones own property or buy everything one ever uses with money from a check.
I learn so much from books, from the internet and from other skilled people, I learn this stuff on a daily basis and I am learning it because I am interested in it so not only am I learning, focusing and evolving I am doing it in a free unique way based on my preferences.
SO I get the best of both worlds. I know how to learn and I learn whats important and utilize those skills and understandings into a service that provides use.
I often meet people that at some point in school decided learning sucked because it was always associated with force, manipulation, boring, useless, and other non desirable realities. When one experiences learning as this is just more of something I love one is not only a very effective integrator of information but also enjoys the process.
When I feel good everything is right and when I feel bad everything is wrong. So I would rather feel good meaning have everything be right than do stuff that didn't feel good therefore really doing everything wrong.
Being fulfilled engaged and free is all I need. Everything else is a bonus.
Life tends to get easy when I simplify. Life tends to get more abundant when I let go. Life tends to get more enjoyable when I put importance on now. I tend to be more successful doing stuff I love to do. So its uber awesomeness.
I write about this stuff in eternity hehe ;-) thanks for sharing.
Blessings
if you want check my blogs on freedom living www.quinnis.blogspot.com

No comments: